Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tummy Time!

Did you know that babies used to sleep on their tummies all the time?  And then, doctors decided that it was best for babies to sleep on their sides.  NOW, babies are only supposed to sleep on their backs.  So I take all my naps on my back, unless I am resting on Mommy or Daddy (or an aunt, uncle, cousin, goomie, goompie, granny or grampy...)

Since I spend so much time on my back, I have to work very hard to develop my neck muscles.  That where Tummy Time comes in!

First, let me introduce you to my play gym.


As you can see, my play gym is a giant colorful mat.  At least, it is colorful to me, since I can only see black, white and maybe red right now.  There are lots of hanging rings to grab onto, and even a mirror so that I can look at my handsome mug!  And best of all, this gym has lights and music, to make my workout even better.  Sometimes, I get a little tired in the play gym, so I have to take a little rest afterwards, like in this picture...
 
Check out this video of me practicing tummy time!
 
 
I know that there were some tears here -- just remember that tummy time is HARD WORK.  And I'm still a baby after all -- I was just acting my age!  And I was fine was I got a chance to rest afterwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment