Saturday, September 4, 2010

NO! I'm a BOY!!!

When my Aunt Debbie was a little girl, my Mommy used to ask her how old she was, and she would reply, "NO!  I'm a BOY!!!"  Really, Aunt Debbie was about 3, and more so, she was not at all a boy.  But I really am a boy, not that you can tell by this pink thing that Mommy and Daddy keep making me sleep in.  This used to belong to my cousin Maya, if couldn't already tell.

Too bad Maya is a GIRL.  When I'm about 7, I'll bet you anything that she'll have cooties.

Good gracious.  To make matters worse, my parents are making me wear these ridiculous mittens.  How emasculating.










At least this fakakta indoor ski hat is blue.

fakakta: Yiddish for crazy, all mixed up












As further evidence that I am a BOY, I had a bris when I was just 8 days old!  Goomie, Goompie, Grammy, and Grampy hosted a lovely event -- everybody was very happy to meet me and eat lots of bagels and yummy delicious baked goods from the kitchens of Aunti Marji and Goomie.  Unfortunately, I had less fun than everybody else, because I was only allowed to drink milk, and well, you know...

  This is a picture of me with my Mommy and Daddy before the bris.




Here is my close up!  Look at my beautiful kippah.  It has been worn by lots of Salomons -- even my cousin Zack!



This is a picture of my Mommy with her Mommy and Daddy (my Goomie and Goompie).  We were on their screened-in porch.


And here are my older cousins -- Maya and Zack.  I have another cousin named Jonah, but he doesn't know how to stand up by himself yet.


 And finally, here is my Daddy's side of the family (except, oddly enough, my Daddy...)  From left to right: Mommy, me (I am the little one in the green swaddle), Grampy, Granny, Zack, Uncle Erich, and Great Aunt Judy).  And my Aunt Nicole is missing too -- know why?  Because she needed to stay home and rest -- she is cooking up a new baby girl cousin for me as we speak!!!!  Cooking babies is A LOT of work (at least, that's what my Mommy tells me very single day).


 I'm a private little guy; I decided not to show you any pictures of my actual bris.  But here I am afterwards.  See?  I'm fine...




1 comment:

  1. Hi Shane! So glad to see you in the Blogosphere. Thanks for visiting us yesterday! Can't wait to see you again soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete