Friday, October 29, 2010

Single Parent Appreciation!

My Mommy was transfered to the child support unit of her law firm after I had lived in her belly for about 5 months.  Her job was to help non-custodial parents stay out of jail when they didn't pay their child support.  She met a lot of single parents (the ex's of her clients) who were VERY cranky.  Mommy always seemed very surprised when the singles were so upset -- I mean she was only there to do a job.

So I decided to teach my Mommy a lesson.  In case you didn't know, Mommy LOVES to knit.  Today and through the weekend, there is a giant yarn conference being held in CT -- just the sort of thing Mommy loves.  I behaved super great in the days and weeks leading up to this giant event.  I slept well, made lots of cute faces -- I was just plain adorable. 

So Mommy decided to take me to the yarn conference with her.  Her plan was to take me to CT with her on Thursday, and stay overnight with Auntie Marji, Uncle Kevin, and cousins Maya and Jonah, and then go look at yarn the next day.  The catch: Daddy had to work.  Mommy, for a period of approximately 36 hours, would be a single parent.  But how hard could it be?  I mean, I am REALLY CUTE...




On Thursday morning, I was my usual sweet self.  Throughout the drive to CT, I was extremely cute.  When we got to Glastonbury, I played very nicely with cousin Maya.


Then, I took a nap on Uncle Kevin's pillow.



Then, I woke up and did a photo shoot with Jonah.  Then, I had a drink and a second nap. 

And then I taught Mommy a lesson.  I woke up from my nap and cried at the top of my lungs for 45 minutes, until Mommy swaddled me up and put me back to bed.  Then, I broke free from the MIRACLE SWADDLE three times!!!!!

First, I wiggled out a foot.






Then I wiggled out two elbows.


And hallelulah, I was FREE!!!!



 And then I cried.  And cried and cried and cried.  And then I cried some more.

The next day, Mommy took me to the yarn conference.  She said that even though she was very tired because I cried all night, she wanted to leave before Auntie Marji had to kick us out.

At first, I really wasn't sure I wanted to go.


But then I was okay with it.  I mean, at least Mommy uses the yarn she buys to make stuff for me.


And then it was a little boring, but at least I didn't cry.


And then we met Goomie and Auntie Marji, Maya and Jonah for lunch.  I wore my pea costume.


I was cute as a button.  And then I cried.  And cried and cried and cried and cried.  And then we drove home.  And I cried.  And cried and cried and cried and cried.  We got home, and I cried some more.  And finally Mommy called Daddy and told him to come home. 

Being a single parent is not so easy, huh???

No comments:

Post a Comment